As SMS continues to be increasingly popular among subscribers, and the number of new SMS-based value-added services increases, operators more than ever need SMS-processing facilities with enhanced performance. As SMS messages are used in inter-subscriber communication, for system messages and as a bearer for other value-added services, selecting an SMS centre and the vendor are crucial to the operators' overall business.
Powerful, fast, scalable and cost-effective Novosoft SMS Centre allows GSM operators to easily process increasing text traffic and provide subscribers with value-added services based on SMS technology.
- Future-proof: extendable performance from 200 sms/sec and higher
- Open interfaces for integration with external services over SMPP
- Robust and reliable solution based on Sun/Solaris platform
- Convenient tools for remote administration and monitoring
- Multilingual Support: supports all languages, including USC2 character sets
- Transliteration: if receiver's handset does not support national language, messages' characters are automatically substituted with Latin characters
- Extended Messages Service (EMS) and Smart Messaging support: transmission of logos, images, ringtones, vCard, and vCalendar records.
- User identification: all messages contain headers comprising sender's phone number (unless the user prefers to stay anonymous).
- Unstructured Supplementary Service Data (USSD) support: fast interactive data exchange between subscriber and applications
- Special message-handling features: users are offered a range of features, for example, forwarding of Short Messages, similar to call diversion for voice call messages.
- E-mail to SMS Gateway, web to SMSc support
- Long messages transmission
- Non-text messages support for transmission of service data
- OTA-platform integration capability for delivery of content and user applications
- Multiple addressing including international, short, local, alpha-numeric numbers
- Delivery priority support and Customizable delivery plan for better control of the SMSC work load and services' performance
- Traffic logging
- Message delivery notification: sends a confirmation of message receipt to sender.
WhitePaper [287 Kb]